Table of Contents
What is fully Managed WordPress Hosting?
In fully managed WordPress hostings everything from WordPress setup, updates, server management is handled by the hosting provider.
Fully managed WordPress hosting also gets your site up and running in no time without any of the technical hassles of traditional shared hosting accounts.
In addition to the ease of setup, one-click staging, and restores, hosting servers are tuned to real WordPress site needs, allowing your site to operate at an amazingly fast speed.
Everything is handled by the service provider while keeping your site fully optimized for WordPress.
But definitely, there is a cost to it that is justifiable. If you don’t want to worry about all the hassles of maintaining a website, it is better to pay for those services and just focus on your core competency.
Benefits and drawbacks of fully managed wordpress hostings
- Fully Managed WordPress hosting servers are optimally configured for WordPress. So even if your website gets lots of traffic they are amazingly fast.
- They are made secure with powerful security layer which actively scans for malware and block all hacking attempts.
- You get best support from wordpress expert support personal.
- Automated daily backups and restore points if you ever want to revert.
- Automated updates for wordpress core software, wordpress theme and plugins
- No downtime for the website even in case of high traffic.
- You are provided with dev tools like git, wp-cli etc.
- You are provided with staging area where you can test your changes before pushing it to production.
- Fully Managed WordPress hosting is significantly expensive in comparison to shared hosting.
- Since the server architecture is optimized for WordPress, you are able to only run WordPress based sites.
- You are not allowed to use any plugin you want, since managed WordPress hosting providers block plugins that they feel may create some issue or bring down your website.
- Since someone else is managing your wordpress hosting , you don’t have much say in case you need any change in website/hosting setup.
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting Providers
Some of the fully managed WordPress hosting providers are mentioned below. They are also some of the best managed WordPress hosting companies.
Nestify web hosting platform is built from the ground up with performance, security, and scalability.
Its Managed WordPress hosting is powered by AWS Graviton processors and optimized for speed. All plans include free migrations and 60-day money-back guarantee.
One of the best fully managed WordPress hostings platforms. It is also the cheapest managed WordPress hosting on my list.
They have five plans under managed WordPress hosting category which are listed below with their monthly cost.
- WP-VPS-1 – $9/month
- WP-VPS-2 – $19/month
- WP-VPS-3 – $35/month
- WP-VPS-4 – $49/month
- WP-VPS-5 – $79/month
- Free site Migrations
- Free SSL
- Google pagespeed optimization
- Automatic WebP conversion
- Round the clock responsive support
- No restrictions on the use of WordPress Plugins
- Security Scans
- Free CDN which makes website blazingly fast.
- Automatic Daily Backups – Restores are 1-click operation.
- On-demand backups at no extra cost.
- WordPress Core Updates
- The built-in support for git and wp-cli ensures productivity for developers.
Trustpilot rating for Nestify
Other ratings for Nestify
WPMU Dev is involved with premium WordPress software development for a long-time.
It is already known for premium plugins and for high-quality WordPress support.
WPMU has moved into the hosting business by bundling hosting with their plugins.
Their fully managed WordPress hosting actually lives on Digital Ocean’s cloud infrastructure.
Again one of the best fully managed WordPress hostings platforms.
- Bronze – $10 USD
- Silver – $25 USD
- Gold – $50 USD
- Platinum – $100 USD
Currently, they are offering 6 months of free hosting for all the plans.
- One-click staging, easy SFTP/SSH access
- Fully optimized for WordPress and tightly monitored around the clock, your sites have never been faster or safer.
- Take your hosting to the next level with cloning/templates, easy file management, smart site analytics, and more.
- 7 Pro WP plugins.
- Free WAF – Web Application Firewall (WAF), to fight dangerous web application attacks.
- Disaster-proof backups – automatic backups, fast restores, offsite AWS storage, and advanced ZFS file system technology.
- 10 Free email accounts.
- Site cloning & templates.
- Support – 24/7 live chat, fast response
Trustpilot rating for wpmudev
Other ratings for wpmudev
Bluehost is a web hosting provider and domain name registrar. They focus on providing complete web solutions to meet the requirements of a wide variety of customers.
These fully managed, solutions empower beginners with tools that are simple to use, and help experts save time and effort spent in maintenance work.
It is one of the three WordPress recommended web hosting solution providers (The other two are Siteground and DreamHost )
They have three plans under managed WordPress category which are listed below with their monthly cost.
- Build – $9.95 USD
- Grow – $14.95 USD
- Scale – $27.95 USD
See the cost of the managed WordPress hosting plans for India
- 200+ Global Edge Servers
- Free SSL
- Built-in High Availability
- Staging Environment
- Jetpack Personal
- Daily Scheduled Backups
- Malware Detection and Removal
- Domain Privacy + Protection
- 30 Day Free Trial – Microsoft Email
Trustpilot rating for Bluehost
Other Ratings for Bluehost
Flywheel is now owned by WP-Engine. It is a WordPress-only web hosting provider. Its hosting infrastructure is based on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
It offers a good set of features for both regular WordPress users and agencies.
One of the best fully managed WordPress hostings
Apart from managed WordPress hosting, Flywheel provides an extensive suite of tools for freelancers, designers, developers, and agencies.
They have four managed WordPress hosting plans which are listed below with their monthly cost.
- Tiny – $15 USD
- Starter – $30 USD
- Freelance – $115 USD
- Agency – $290 USD.
If you pre-pay for full year they give two months of hosting free as a discount.
- Tuned For WordPress With Server-Side Caching
- A Beautifully Designed User Interface (no C-panel)
- Free Migrations
- One-Click Staging Sites
- Free SSL Certificates
- All Clients On VPS Servers
- Free Demo Sites For 14 Days (Build It, Then Bill For It!)
- Solid Security
- Nightly Backups, data stored Off-Site
- Easy CDN Integrations
- Impressive Uptime.
- Auto-Healing Technology – the site will fix itself in case of service failure
- An Advanced Experience With our ssh Gateway
- Reimagined SFTP (One Login!)
- Simple Collaboration Tools
- Access To Error Logs, Access Logs, And Slow Error Logs
- Built-In Site Stats
- A choice of 7 Server Locations
- Nginx as The Standard web server
- Expert WordPress Support, Available 24/7
If you’re an agency or small business looking for web hosting that can help you grow your web development or design business, you should consider Flywheel WordPress hosting.
Trustpilot rating for Flywheel
Their rating on Trustpilot is not impressive probably due to customer service issues. I can see some negative reviews due to customer service dissatisfaction.
Other Ratings for Flywheel
Liquid Web is a hosting company focused towards Growing businesses, Designers, Developers, and Agencies.
Liquidweb’s own high-performance cloud platform Nexcess’ runs their Managed WordPress n& Managed WooCommerce plans, which let them deliver exceptional speed, scale, and security.
This is again one of the best fully managed WordPress hostings platforms.
They provide seven plans in their managed WordPress category hosting solution. They are listed below together with their monthly cost.
Currently, they are offering a 50% percent discount for the first six months on all the plans.
- Spark – $19 USD
- Maker – $79 USD
- Designer – $109 USD
- Builder – $149 USD
- Producer – $299 USD
- Executive – $499 USD
- Enterprise – $999 USD
- Plugin performance monitor
- Automatic plugin updates
- Free site migration
- Expert support that stays up all night
- No pageview/traffic limits
- Full server access
- Upgrade when you’re ready
- Automatic daily backups
- Staging site
- Their own data centers
- Automatic SSL
- Amazing speed
- 24-hour support
- Developer tools like ssh, git, and wp-cli
Trustpilot rating for Liquidweb
Other Ratings for Liquidweb
WPX is a WordPress web hosting company with the main focus on website speed and great customer support. They do not host or support CMSs other than WordPress.
They claim to provide the best speed with the use of their own CDN servers (called XDNs) and the best customer support with a 30-second average support response time on live chat.
Again best fully managed WordPress hostings without any doubt.
They have three managed WordPress hosting plans mentioned below with their monthly cost.
- Business – $24.99 USD
- Professional – $49.99 USD
- Elite – $99 USD
If you pay for full year they give two months of hosting free as a discount.
- Site speed optimization
- Site ﬁxes if down
- High-Speed Custom CDN
- SSD Storage
- Free Website Migrations
- Free Unlimited SSL Certificates
- Free Malware Scanning and Removal, DDoS protection
- Manual Backups and 28 Days Automatic Backups
- Staging Area
- Unlimited Email Boxes
- Unlimited FTP Users and File Manager
- LiteSpeed Server + LiteSpeed Cache + OpCache
- Latest PHP 7.x and PHP 8.0
- HTTP/2 enabled servers
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Advanced Account security
Trustpilot rating for WPX
Seems most of their reviews are on their old website wpxhosting.com
Other Ratings for WPX
WP Engine is the pioneer of managed WordPress web hosting. speed, security, and stability It provides web hosting solutions for businesses of all sizes and claims to provide businesses the solutions they need to create remarkable sites and apps on WordPress that drive their business forward faster.
WP Engine integrates with best-in-class technology partners (like GCP, AWS, new relic, Cloudflare) and optimizes their technology for WordPress to provide the best speed, secure and stable web hosting solution.
They have several categories of hosting plans like Managed Hosting, Managed Hosting Plus, eCommerce hosting, and Secure hosting.
In Managed Hosting there are four plans:
- Managed Hosting STARTUP – $27 USD
- Managed Hosting PROFESSIONAL – $53.10 USD
- Managed Hosting GROWTH – $103.50 USD
- Managed Hosting SCALE – $261 USD
Similarly, there are four plans in each of the other categories.
With annual payment, you get three months free as a discount.
- Free automated migrations
- Daily backups
- Free SSL and SSH
- One-click staging site
- Faster site speed with website caching
- Threat detection & blocking
- Site content in the cloud (CDN)
- Handoff to clients with transferable sites
- Activity log & user permissions
- Page performance monitoring
- Local developer tools
- SSH access with WP-CLI, MySQL, and bash
- GIT & SFTP connections
- Multi-factor password authentication
- Up-to-date PHP
Trustpilot rating for WP Engine
Other Ratings for WP Engine
Kinsta is again WordPress only web hosting provider with the main focus on speed and scalability.
They use state-of-the-art technology like Nginx, PHP 8.0, LXD containers, MariaDB, and compute-optimized C2 VMs (which are Google Cloud Platform’s fastest servers) to make sure your website loads blazingly fast and also provide resource isolation, with scalable infrastructure and high uptime.
Surely, one of the best fully managed wordpress hosting providers.
Their hosting plans and per month rates are
- STARTER($30 USD)
- PRO($60 USD)
- BUSINESS1($100 USD)
- BUSINESS2($200 USD)
- BUSINESS3($300 USD)
- BUSINESS4($400 USD)
- ENTERPRISE1($600 USD)
- ENTERPRISE2($900 USD)
- ENTERPRISE3($1200 USD)
- ENTERPRISE4($1500 USD)
- Dashboard – MyKinsta Admin
- Next-generation infrastructure
- Free site migrations
- Regular uptime checks – every 2 mins
- Always backed up
- Scalable hosting
- DDoS detection
- Hardware firewalls
- Uptime monitoring
- SSL support
- Choose your data center
- Staging areas
- 24/7 monitoring
- 100% solve rate